Kristina started teaching swimming in 2005 at the New York Athletic Club and YMCA. She self-started a business teaching swimming lessons at people’s homes in the Hamptons from 2006-2007 and founded Swim Lessons San Diego in 2008.
Kristina stands out because of her level of experience and expertise as a swimmer, teacher and coach. She was a competitive swimmer, ocean lifeguard, and Elementary and Special Education Teacher. Her 8 years in the classroom and M.S. in Education have given her the ability to understand how to meet each person at their level and teach to their needs, understanding of the water and comfort level.
Kristina works with beginners, special populations, fearful swimmers, fitness swimmers, triathletes, military and more! Kristina believes swim lessons should be fun and skills can be mastered in a progression that is appropriate for the learner. If you or someone you know is struggling to learn how to swim, Kristina is the one who can help them make a breakthrough!
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- First Aid, AED and Infant, Child & Adult CPR
- Swimming and Fitness Coach at Broadway Athletic and Swim Club
- Assistant Masters Swimming Coach at UCSD
- Swimming Coach in the Health and Wellness Department at the Naval Medical Center
- U.S. Masters Swimming Adult Learn-to-Swim certified Coach
- American Swimming Coaches Association Level II Certification
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
My name is Lianna and I have eight years experience working as a swim instructor with hundreds of infants, children and adults. I have three years experience working as a Preschool Teacher and over two years experience working as a Behavior Therapist for children with developmental delays. I was an Art Teacher and founded Recycled Creations, an After School Program at the Salvation Army. I am currently pursuing a Masters Degree in Social Work. In my free time I love rock climbing, swimming, traveling and scuba diving.